GarageBand for Windows PC download for free. Learn how to indirectly run GarageBand iOS app on Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
If you are a music lover then you must have heard the name of Garageband app. Garageband is one of the most popular apps amongst music lovers. It allows you to record and create music with the help of different instruments on the basis of your liking and taste in music. The app was originally designed for iOS and macOS devices. Apple users can find the app pre-installed in Apple MacBook. The app converts your device into a mini studio where you can perform experiments with music to come up with your original sounds.
GarageBand app has been used by beginners as well as experienced musicians for creating music of their own. It can be a good option if you are looking forward to an app that could help you create your own music and has a set of advanced features.With Apple users using the app for a long period of time, people using other platforms such as Windows and Android also felt the lack of any such app which could match the features and advanced functionalities of Garageband app. If you are frantically searching the internet for downloading Garageband for windows then keep reading this article. In this article, we have described in detail the ways using which you can download and use Garageband for PC. After you have downloaded the app successfully by following our given method, you will see that the app has tonnes of features which are not found in other music creation apps which is why Garageband is immensely popular amongst music creators.
How to Download Garageband for PC
As we have already told you, Garageband is an Apple exclusive app which is only compatible with iOS and macOS based devices such as iPhones, iPads and MacBook. As of now, no official application or software is available for Windows platform. If you are searching for the official version the app that is compatible with Windows devices then you will return empty handed rom every other link as there is no such app available at the moment. However, do not be disheartened by this statement, you can still use the app on your Windows PC despite the fact that it is not available for Windows operating system. We have devised a method using which you will be able to use Garageband app on your pc and create some amazing music to fuel your passion. Follow the below given steps to use the app on your windows device:
- Download any emulator from the internet which will help you make the Garageband app compatible with Windows operating system. There are many emulators available on the web which can be downloaded free of cost. You can download any emulator from any of the websites that allow users to download software.
- After downloading the emulator, enter the app store from there.
- Now search for Garageband in the App Store and download the app from there.
- Once you have downloaded the application, you will be able to easily run it on your Windows PC using the downloaded emulator. Emulator is a software which enables one computer to behave like another computer which means apps that are only developed for iOS and macOS platform will run smoothly on Windows platform as well. In other words, with the help of an emulator you can run applications that are not designed for Windows platform primarily. It creates a false environment where all apps can run.
By following the steps given above, you can get Garageband for Windows and enjoy creating music using the app. Using this method, you can easily get Garageband for Windows 10 which is otherwise not available as the official app for Windows operating system has not been launched by the developers. You can also download GarageBand APK from here.
Requirements for Garageband for Windows Download
Despite the fact that Garageband app is not available for devices running on Windows operating system, you can still run the app by downloading an emulator. If you want the Garageband app to run flawlessly on your Windows PC then ensure that following system requirements are met:
- Your desktop or Windows PC must be running on Windows 7 or higher operating system which means that the app will run successfully on all the operating systems which were launched after Windows 7 including the latest edition of Windows which is Windows 10.
- Your desktop must have 4 GB RAM or higher than it. You can check the RAM of your Windows PC by right clicking on the ‘My Computer’ icon which is present on the desktop and selecting system properties option from there. The windows that will open after it will contain the information regarding the RAM of your system. Ensure that the RAM is at least 4 GB.
- In order to execute the app smoothly and to access all the functionalities of the Garageband app, your Windows PC must be running on Intel i5 processor or higher. You can check the name of processor on which your PC is running by going to the command prompt which can be launched by pressing Windows button and R simultaneously. Once you have opened the command prompt, type ‘ msinfo32’ in it to view the name of the processor.
- Since the application requires some memory to store files on hard disk therefore to run the app successfully, your windows PC must have minimum of 2 GB disk space vacant. This space will also be used for storing the files of music that you have created using the application.
Before downloading the Garageband application for your windows device, make sure that all the requirements that we have just mentioned above are met. In case, these functionalities are not met, there are chances that the app might crash and begin malfunctioning which can be a big letdown for music enthusiasts.
Features of Garageband for PC
Garageband pc application is full of exciting any many useful features which would help you create your original music within no time. The application has plenty of features that are often not found in high end music production apps. It is due to its long list of features that many professional as well as intermediate music lovers use this app and it is one of the most popular applications amongst iOS users. Here, we have enlisted some oft he worth mentioning features of the Garageband application:
- Garageband is an exception music production apps with many studio like features to make it a great application.
- The application offers a professional platform where music composers can feel like own and put their talent to good use.
- You can play and mix over a number of musical instruments int he app making it an efficient app.
- You can choose from the options of beats and loops for creating and mixing incredible sounds.
- The application allows the users to connect external keyboard using USB cable so that you can type efficiently. Usually typing using the keypad in the mobile device is a difficult task therefore the app developers have provided the option to connect and external keyboard.
- The application supports as many as 1000 loops which opens up the possibilities of creating different types of music. It would not be wrong to say that the Garageband application has something for everybody. Music lovers with interests in different genres would love the app and its collection of loops.
- Garageband application supports virtual as well as live instruments for users to play which is a feature that is not found in commonly available music producing applications in the market.
- You can edit the music efficiently with all the set of features provided in the app. No other app offers you the level of customisation facility offered by Garageband application.
- With Garageband application, you can share your created and recorded music with the world. This gives you a platform for young musicians to show their talent to the world.
- The applicationa lso provides the option for live loop cells and multi-touch features to extend the functionality of the app.
- Garageband has many DJ style effects including filters, vinyl scratching and repeaters so that you can create music professionally.
- The app presents before you nine electronic or acoustic drummers. You can also choose from signature sounds present in the app.
- Users can create more than a million realistic grooves using the feature-rich app.
- User interface of the application has been designed in a manner which makes it easy to understand for users who are not well versed with the technicalities of the music.
- Garageband music application runs smoothly on iOS and macOS devices.
How to Install and Use Garageband for Windows PC?
As we have already told you that the application has not yet been released for Windows devices and is available exclusively for Apple device owners. Developed to work efficiently in Apple ecosystem, the device is compatible with iPhones, iPads and macbooks. In fact, Apple devices such as iPad and macbook come pre-loaded with the Garageband application. iPhone users can download the application from the App Store without paying any charge as it is a free application. If you are searching for Garageband for PC download then you are bound to be disappointed. Here are steps using which you can install and use the Garageband application on windows platform using an emulator. We have mentioned the steps through which you can download Windows Garageband. Once you have installed the application in your device, you can follow the below mentioned steps to create unique and interesting music and share it with the world:
- After downloading the Garageband application for your Windows PC with the help of emulator, you can install it on your device like any other file and run it with emulator software.
- On launching the application, you would see a landing screen where you need to click on the File option and select ‘New’ option from there to begin a new project. Alternatively, you can also press cmd+ N to start a new project int he application.
- Now choose ‘Empty Project’ from here to begin producing music from the scratch. You can also explore other options given on this screen to create music.
- Once you have chosen an empty project, you will land on the main Garageband window. The application will ask you whether you want to add a new track. To begin producing music, you can choose ‘Software Instrument’ for the moment and then click on the ‘Create’ option.
- On the next window, you will have the option of choosing different instruments and the top right section of the window is designed to store the recorded notes. The bottom right section of the window works like an editor and it is the space where you can edit and modify your tracks with the tools provided in the Garageband app.
You can explore the app to create music with Apple Loops and to record a software instrument. Understanding different functionalities of the application is easy.
Garageband Alternatives for WIndows
If you do not want to download the emulator and run the Garageband app on your Windows device via this method, then we have several alternatives for you. You can try these Garageband alternatives for free. These alternatives have similar functionality and features. However, the set of features offered by Garageband is unique and matchless.
Music Maker Jam is a must download Garageband alternative if you like the features of Garageband that allows you to create music. Available for Windows devices, Music Maker Jam can be downloaded free of cost from the Windows app store. Moreover, the app is also available for devices running on Android and iOS platform. In this application, you find the option of selecting the loop according to the genre and you can also transfer the loop to a different environment where you create your songs. All in all, it can be said that Music Maker Jam is a worth downloading app for all music lovers.
Reaper is a paid music app but given its features and the functionalities, you wouldn’t mind paying the charges for it. It costs $60 which is much cheaper as compared to other music creation apps and software available out there. The application does not have much system requirements and can run smoothly on a low end devices. The application has plenty of interesting features that makes it one of the best apps out here. Exceptional recording functionality of the app is the highlight out of all the features of the app. One of the things you will notice about the software is that the interface is smartly designed by the developers.
- Mixcraft 7
Mixcraft 7 is one of the most widely used Garageband alternative by music aficionados out there. The reason behind the popularity of Garageband is the vast library of loops and the ease with which users can create songs by layering loops of sounds of different instruments at the top of each other. Now imagine having this feature in any other music creation app. Mixcraft 7 offers a similar feature which eases the work of musicians. In the app, you need to click on the songs and drag the loops to them. Rest of the functioning will be done by the software. We recommend Mixcraft 7 to all the music lovers who want a software that has features similar to Garageband. Mixcraft 7 is a software especially designed for all those who do not want to get much into the technicality. It is a great software for beginners in this field.
- FL Studio
If you ask professionals and intermediary level music creators then they would recommend FL Studio to you. FL Studio was the inspiration behind many other similar software and applications. With such vast set of features, the developers of FL Studio have been successful in creating an interface which is not at all difficult to understand. Flawless interface and all the features one would expect from a decent music creation software are present in FL Studio. The software is perfect for beginners as well as experienced professionals. However, if you want to enjoy the features of FL Studio then you need to shell some amount to purchase it as it is a paid software but its features justify the price tag put on it.
With plenty of instruments and samples, LMMS is undoubtedly one of the most efficient music creation software out here. It is an open source production software which is developed by a volunteer development team which provides a complete open source music production suite consisting of different softwares. LMMS is a great software in the terms of features and the ease with which users can create their own music with the help of it. The software has many audio samples, preloaded effects which makes it a perfect music creation software. Moreover, what makes LMMS a true gem is the fact that it is free of cost and you don’t have to pay any charges to access all the features offered by the software.
FAQs: GarageBand for Windows
Most of the times, people find it difficult to understand a few things related to GarageBand. However, it is quite common among the Garageband users, so we have assembled a list of some frequently asked questions by them. We tried our best to give the users, best possible solutions and hope it helps them out. Without further ado, let’s read the answers to these frequently asked questions.
What generally happens after I lock my track?
Answer: All the work done by you including the music creation of an instrument or even a minute rendering of the track is saved on locking the track. The app creates a new file on the disc and stores the whole progress in this file. If you wish to play this file, GarageBand will simply read it from the disc and then run it. It lessens the amount of pressure on the processor and helps to do more things with GarageBand.
Does Garageband work without locking track?
Answer: Yes, absolutely. It works without locking the track and saving your progress. Whenever GarageBand plays a software track, it generates the instrument, applies added effects and then plays the notes. However, this puts a lot of pressure on your CPU. This process involves a significant amount of CPU power consumption.
If the file is saved to disc, will the source file be lost?
Answer: No. Whenever a file is saved and it creates a new file on the disc. If the track is locked, then only it will be used. In case you unlock the track, the app will use the source file or original recording or even the MIDI track. These tracks can be further modified if you want to as relock.
Can I retrieve the original track if I change my mind after adding effects to the song?
Answer: Unfortunately, no. GarageBand edits the song in the real time, so there is no way you can extract the original track after recording. However, your original recording stays in the system forever. So, you can turn off or edit the changes made at any time whenever you want.
Whenever I wish to change the input option for the app, it is ‘built-in’ by default. How can I change it to ‘line-in’ option?
Answer: In case there is no USB device or FireWire plugged into your Mac, then there is only one option. You can make the use of built-in option only. Well, if you want to define your built-in option then you can do it via your system preferences. However, you can use ‘line-in’ option after setting up your system.
Is there any way to plug in a turntable into line-in option?
Answer: You can surely do it, but there will not be any effective results. A phono input on a system stereo provides ‘pre-amping’ and a necessary Eq to the signal. If you need better and effective results, it is better to plug in the turntable into a regular system then to the computer system via line-in. It would be advisable to use firewire interface or a USB cable for better results.
What is Eq?
Answer: Eq stands for equalization. Many low and high frequencies together make up a sound. Eq controls the volume of this sound. Suppose, if your sound bass is too high and sound quality overall is good then eq will do its job. It will assist you to lessen the bass and equalize the sound frequency by keeping it constant.
Do you have any other questions related to GarageBand? Feel free to ask us in the comments section. We would be glad to help you out.
Conclusion: GarageBand for Windows PC Download
Garageband is one of the few applications that can help you hone your talent in the field of music. You can create your own music with this app. In this article, we have described how you can download Garageband for Windows and use it to create, record and share your created music with a large number of people.